Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Round-a-bout of Life

This blog has gone hiatus for quite sometime now. A lot of things happened during this time. I’ve graduated with my advance diploma, went to Sheffield for 15 weeks and now I am back in Malaysia waiting for my result. I am very sure I will graduate but I am not sure of what to do next. That’s the question that I have been asking myself now… WHAT’S NEXT???!?!?

See, I am at the stage of life now where people will call it “junction of life”. This is where everyone needs to make the most important decision in life and not regretting it later in life because there is no turning back. For me it’s not really a junction. It’s more like a freaking round-a-bout with 7 or 8 exits. And poor me, I have to choose a road and stick to it. Here are some of the options I have:

  1. stay here in Malaysia, get a job
  2. Go back to UK and do my Masters and get a job there
  3. Go back to UK get a job and work for a year and come back
  4. or I can go back to UK work for a while to support myself for my Masters


There are other options but these are my main ones. I can go to Singapore to work, or I can sit at home and wait for my wife to support me or I can just help my dad with his business but they are my last resort.


The first option is good because I have everyone with me. People that matter to me the most; my family, my tortoise, my friends and my home. Nothing feels better than coming home from work to those that you love knowing they are behind you supporting your in everything that you do. They can be quite naggy at times but they are who they are… they have to be naggy. What is life without naggy parents and sometimes girlfriend? J


Going back to study is good. Whatever course I am majoring in will help me to widen my job prospect even though that cert don’t really add value to my current qualification… at least that is what I was told. But getting a Masters will really help me to get a job here. I am an oversea graduate and I have a Masters. So I will have an advantage towards the others. If I were to take an MBA, I can go into other field of jobs as well.


Working there is a good thing because it really puts me ahead of everyone in terms of financially when I come back here. Working there will give me a head start as I will be earning my salary in a bigger currency. But I am quite choosy. I want to do something that is related to what I am studying. I don’t want to go there and waste my time there working in something that is not related. Then when I come back here my resume will be empty like a fresh grad’s resume. No point having all those hard earn cash but when you come back you still have start from zero.


It’s really hard one to choose this time. No matter what my decision, right or wrong, I will have to live with it because there will no more turning back. No matter what life will still go on and I will have to make the best out of my situation then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just follow ur heart.it's tough decision for not only you,but also me.but whatever life throws at us we have to still go through it.if it works out,then it's best for you and i.if it doesnt,maybe we were meant to only cross paths.just think of it with an open mind.

Anonymous said...

I'm mrs tortoise by the way.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=cheetah dvd burner 2.23 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you suffer with not used. Or you profit by the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg