Thursday, January 05, 2006

24 - It's the longest day of my life

Ever watched the show ‘24’ starring Kiefer Sutherland? I never watched that show so I don’t know what it is about. But the story is something about Kiefer Sutherland’s character experiencing some big problem in a day of his life making it the longest day of his life. Well, today, I experience THE LONGEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

I‘ve met Mr. Ong and attended the interview for my BAR list yesterday and today respectively. The meeting with Mr. Ong went on smoothly and nicely. I was required to submit my tutorials to him tomorrow (Friday) to be examined. And I am currently 98% done with those tutorials. So no problem here….

The interview went very badly from the way I see it. Mr. Wan, the Head of Mechanical Division lead the interview. Mr. Choy, my Mechanics of Solids lecturer, Miss Sim, the registrar for School of Technology and Miss Goay Lay Ni, a lecturer was there as well. Mr. Wan was playing Mr. BAD GUY in there. He was so determined to get me barred from my exam. Mr. Choy was Mr. I-don’t-know-what-to-say-so-I’ll-just-keep-my-mouth-shut; he tried to get me out of trouble… I can tell that he was trying. But my gratitude and appreciation goes out to Miss Goay. She was the only one on that room that was sticking up for me. After I left Mr. Wan’s office, Miss Goay came out of the office to talk to me. She gave me a good piece of advice. She told me to talk to my lecturer when I attend my class tomorrow morning.

Well I can’t do anything right now but to wait for their answer tomorrow. It sucks big time just waiting and waiting and knowing you cannot do anything anymore. I’m praying very hard here that I don’t have to go through another year just for one freaking subject like what I did during my diploma year. But if He was to give me the same shit again and waste another year in college, I would most probably drop out and get myself a job. In fact I already have a job in hand. My plans are to help my dad out with his business in Johor. I’ve talked to him and his business partner. They are willing to send me overseas for training if I were to join them. I am considering my options now.

No comments: