Sunday, January 01, 2006

Goodbye 2005, Hello 2006

2005 has been a wonderful year for me. There have been a lot of ups and downs throughout the whole year. I would love to give you guys my “2005: A year in review” but all you guys can see is the word, 'BORING' from January to December. But here are some of the highlights of my 2005.

After a year of absence from college, I finally returned to college in May. I started my new term in college with a bunch of brand new course mates. They are a very nice bunch of friends who never fails to be there whenever I need them. But then there were still some of those old pals whom I still hang out together.

Then it was August. This was when I met a special girl. Her name is Eunice and she is my current partner. She is a very nice and cheerful girl. I’m not going to say much about her, people might think I want to show off. But as long as I am happy, anything is fine… Then there’s the haze that gave everyone trouble. It was so bad until a guy actually couldn’t see the road and knocked into my car. Ok ok… I lied. He hit my car because he was driving dangerously. But the haze was so bad that everyone was advise to wear a mask. I bought mine that evening and the next day the haze was gone. Bloody hell… wasted my money on those masks…

September was the time when I got serious because it was exam!!! I thought I did well but I was wrong. Failed one paper and I can only resit for that paper in the third semester. Other than the exam, nothing much happened.

October
was the month that I grew up. I officially became and adult. My size, attitude and the way I talk might not show my age, but I am 21. I left the teenage world and step my foot into the adult world.

November and December passed and now it’s January 2006. I celebrated Christmas in Singapore. The sad part of that trip was that my mum and my uncle couldn't make it as they fell victims to two snatch thieves just the night before we were scheduled to leave for Singapore. They were injured and this made travelling a hassle for the both of them. 2006 is so far so good. It’s a good start so far… Manchester United thrashed Bolton Wanderers 4-1, I enjoyed my time counting down with my friends and girlfriend, although I didn’t manage to join the street party in Bintang Walk, but I managed to catch the fireworks too… I don’t really believe in New Year resolutions but I SERIOUSLY need to change my bad habit of procrastinating or it will surely get me into trouble.

People stopping beside the highway in Jalan Ampang to catch the fireworks display

The view of Petronas Twin Towers from where we were standing

New year and a new pair of Nike's, What a way to kick off the new year


I wish 2006 will be a good year for me and everyone and to this world. I hope there will not be any natural disaster and nothing-better-to-do terrorist activities. It’s time for every one of us to do something good and nice to each other before time runs out.

HAPPY 2006 EVERY ONE!!!

No comments: