Monday, August 08, 2005

The Debate

I was spectating Alvin's (aka Mr. boogeyman) debate today and to my surprise...They LOST! Let me tell you this, they, at any point of the debate DOES NOT deserve this result but some idiot thinks that he knows more than anyone in that very room, he gave the win to Alvin's opponent. Poor Alvin, I can tell that he was really disappointed.

"It's very obvious! The better team had lost" Jose
Mourinho, Chelsea's Manager, when they (Chelsea) lost to Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League Semifinal.

I did took some pictures of the debate but I was too far away and all the pictures turn out blur. But I have this particular one I would like to share. This is the picture of Miss Expert on Rejecting - Ng Juan Hui, 'turned down' Alvin. That is not what you think. He wasn't turned down for some marriage proposal or going to toilet or whatsoever but some POI's (Points Of Info - debaters might know what I am talking about). I didn't think the opponent deserve the win because:

  1. 1. They did not come up with a very good case and argument.
    1. 2. They were stoned almost every time they accepts a POI. In otehr words, they can't argue with what Alvin and co. brought
      up.

But what's done is done. What lost can never be won back....unless I personally go threaten that bastard adjudicator. What the heck, to hell with him!!!

But what caught my attention besides the debate was this girl, Eunice Ho, that was gave a speech on "Positive Thinking".

She began her speech with this line (or something like that):

"...Imagine an elephant with pink ears, purple dots and wearing a bikini."

Do you know how disturbing that was??!!?? Now I can't seem to concentrate in anything I do. I just get this freaking picture out of my mind..

Thanks to her, now I need to visit a shrink to get this picture out of my head.

5 comments:

kenji_NOIZ said...

Eunice is one very sweet girl with positive thinking. And she is HOT!!!

Anonymous said...

The elephant really veryyyyyyy.... 'cute'.....good imagination...keep it up....

Anonymous said...

Yeah I understand what you mean. I was a secondary school debater a long time ago. But one thing I disagree... I disagree with what Jose Mourinho said, hehe. Damn Chelsea!! Liverpool rules!! Hahaha!!

Anonymous said...

i am eunice!!any comments?edwin...i didnt write dat script...my mum did...n u;re wrong!!!it's "Dont think of a big elephant with pink ears,DONT think of a big elephant with pink ears and purple spots, and DONT think of a big elephant with pink ears, and purple spots and wearing a bikini!!!"....get it?im glad the elephant stays in ur mind...cus..u really need to see a shrink!!hahaha...howz ur hainanese??

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm one of the debaters on Alvin's team...reading your blog makes me feel sooo much better...though losing still sucks!
I like that picture of Juan Hui and Alvin...though Alvin looks tiny...tinier than he really is, hehe..